We met Rebekah at the Queen Victoria Market Night Market. I really love her head scarves, they are very colourful and pretty, perfect for adding a dash of colour in any winter outfit.
1. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
My name is Rebekah Jayne. After exploring the world and living in Austria I came back to Australia and began leaning to design and sew. I entered fashions on the field at the Yarra Valley Melbourne cup and was runner up. Since then i have been designing dresses and accessories. I love working with natural and organic fabrics and have a focus on sustainability in fashion. I decided to start with accessories making headscarves, bows and bow ties. I like being unique especially when it comes to clothing. I reflect this in my work be only making a few of each fabric design. I am slowly expanding into women’s wear with a range of nighties coming soon.
2. How did you come up with your shop or brand name?
A guy once commented on my eyes. He said “you have bambi eyes”. Then when I went back to Europe to send back my belongings I wrote a blog and came up with “Through Bambi Eyes.
3. What got you into crafting/arts/illustration/retail/business?
I have always loved being creative. I made a dress for the Melbourne cup in Yarra valley the year I moved back to Australia from Austria. I came second and since then I have being taking classes and building my skills.
4. What do you make and why do you make them?
I make accessories, headscarves, Bows and bow ties. I will also be selling nighties soon as well. My dream is to design dresses both casual and evening wear. I have a passion for fashion as it were. I love designing and Using organic fabric to express style in a quirky and classic fashion.
5. Do you have a favorite item that you created? Is it sold or still available for purchase?
I don’t really have a favourite at the moment I love each of my fabrics they always add something to my outfits.
6. Are you a full time artist, designer or crafter? If not would you like to be?
My aim is to design full time. At the moment I work full time and design in-between.
7. Do you have any favorite blogs or resources that you can share to our readers?
I have my own blog on tumblr http://tbambieyes.tumblr.com/
8. Do you have any discount codes or promotions that you can offer our
I offer 10% off to people that like my Facebook page.
Though Bambi Eyes
- Etsy Online Shop: www.ThroughBambiEyesx.etsy.com
- Facebook: Through Bambi Eyes
- Instagram: @ThroughBambiEyes
- Twitter: @bambieyesbek
- Twitter: @tbambieyes