We met Elise from Botanicase at one of Public Garden’s flea markets last year and bought one of her pressed flower casings. We wanted to feature her lovely pieces and get to know more about her.
1. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
My name is Elise Aw and I am currently studying Environmental Systems in the University of Sydney.
2. How did you come up with your shop or brand name?
Surprisingly, it did not take me long to come up with my shop name. Amalgamating the word botany, which means plant life and the word case, I came up with Botanicase.
3. What got you into crafting/arts/illustration?
During my 1st year of university, I was taught how to press flowers. After more practice, I gradually fell more and more in love. With inspiration online, I started to make my own pressed flowers phone casings.
4. What do you make and why do you make them?
I make pressed flowers phone casings. Everyone who knows me knows I’m a huge fan of plants. By pressing flowers, I am able to seal in the beauty of the flowers and bring them along simply on my phone case!
5. Do you have a favorite item that you created? Is it sold or still available for purchase?
My favourite item would be my personal iphone casing. I customized it with the flowers my boyfriend gave me, it is meaningful and special. It is not for sale.
6. Are you a full time artist, designer or crafter? If not would you like to be?
Unfortunately, I am not a full time crafter. As I am pursuing a BA in Environmental Systems, I would love to secure a job as a soil scientist or anything related to the soil studies.
7. Do you have any favorite blogs or resources that you can share to our readers?
My personal favourite blogger would be theclothes.blogspot.com
Her name is Rebecca. Her photos are often taken out in nature which I really enjoy looking at. & I find it terribly cute that she takes most of her own photos using her tripod!