Calligraphy Christmas Cake Topper
Last week I gave away some Christmas cupcakes at work and I wanted to personalize it for each recipient in order to show my appreciation for each person I’ve worked with. Unfortunately, due to our busy schedule and since we’re not able to bake in the kitchen of our apartment, I ordered the cupcakes from a nearby bakery.
The cupcake in this photo is from The Marmalade Pantry, which we bought from Oriole during Public Garden’s Christmas Markets.
I wanted to combine my fascination with cupcake toppers and my love for calligraphy, so I came up with this Christmas Cupcake Topper which is quick and easy to make. This project can be made and enjoyed by the whole family, however, we do not recommend letting children operate the hot glue gun as it may cause burns.
- Triangular Die Cutter or you can cut triangles yourself
- Star Shaped Die Cutter
- Green Paper
- Yellow Paper
- Yellow Calligraphy Ink
- Bamboo Forks from Daiso
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Stick (not in the photo)
1. Cut triangle shapes from the green paper to form the tree shape.
Use a die cutter or cut out the triangles yourself
2. Cut star shapes from the yellow paper.
Use a die cutter or cut out the stars yourself
3. I decided to use a bamboo fork instead of a regular toothpick since the top a has a flat side where I can securely attach the green paper tree. A tooth pick would not look neat and it may move around while the cupcakes are being transported.
Personalize each Christmas Cupcake Topper with Calligraphy
Write your calligraphy on the body of the tree and stick the yellow star and bamboo fork using a hot glue gun.
We hope you enjoy this simple DIY project and please share photos of your own Christmas Cupcake Topper by sharing a link below or by tagging us in Instagram.